Any Internet protocol or IP address acts as an access point or gateway between any two devices connected on a network, more than often it is a LAN or Local area network. 192.168.11.1 is a private IP address of IPv4 type, which is used by the manufacturer of routers, why are some Internet protocols used? Well, the answer is there are not many Internet protocols available for the manufacturer to choose from, simply because there is a scarcity of these types of IP addresses, and unique addresses are not available for all the devices online.
The great thing about 192.168.11.1 you don’t need any special equipment. All you need is 3 simple things a device connected to the modem; a web browser and the login and password of your router and you are good to go.
How to attain the credentials of your router?
All routers have fairly the same ID and passwords but do not panic if you don’t already have the credentials of your router, you can acquire the same by the methods mentioned below;
- Look for the outer packaging that the device came in and look either at the back of the box, for details or the user manual that comes with the device, look for words like username or id.
- You can also look at the back of the device, and look for the same words such as ‘admin’ or ‘username’; the manufacturer generally leaves the default settings at the back panel, so that they come in handy in the time of needs.
- You can also, note down the model number and brand name of your router, and look it up online, you will find extensive pre-existing lists of default credentials in correspondence with your router details.
How to reset your router?
In case you changed your router credentials in the past and have now forgotten them you can use the following steps to reset your router, which will also restore the default router credentials on your device.
- Locate the reset button on your device or router. It is very small in size hence it might be hard to locate, but it is commonly present on the panel, where there are ports.
- Once you have located the reset button you should keep a needle or pin in hand, because of the size of the button, it might be hard to apply pressure to or press it.
- Once you have your choice of instrument (a needle or pin), hold the reset button for 15 seconds and your device will be reset. Also Check 192.168.0.101 IP Address.
How to use 192.168.11.1?
Step 1. Open your web browser and introduce “192.168.11.1” into the URL address bar on top the browser and press enter.
Step 2. Your browser will now ask you for your router credentials in the form of “username “and “password”.
Step 3. Enter the credentials and enter them into the prompt window in your browser, in their respective fields.
Step 4. And done, once you’re in the admin panel you can modify or even reset the settings of the router.