Every router has an IP address built into it. This 192.168.1.4 IP address is used to access the router login page, which lets you access the settings panel of your modem. This panel comes in handy whenever you need to change or reset the settings of your router.
What do you need?
The great thing about 192.168.1.4 you don’t need any special equipment. All you need is 3 simple things: a device connected to the modem; a web browser and the login and password of your router and you are good to go. If you don’t have your router credentials look them up online with the brand name and the model of your router.
How to reset your router?
In case you changed your router credentials in the past and have now forgotten them you can use the following steps to reset your router, which will also restore the default router credentials on your device. Locate the reset button on your device or router. It is very small in size hence it might be hard to locate, but it is commonly present on the panel, where there are ports.
Once you have located the reset button you should keep a needle or pin in hand, because of the size of the button, it might be hard to apply pressure to or press it. With your choice of instrument (a needle or pin), hold the reset button for 15 seconds and your device will be reset. If this doesn’t work, hold the reset button for 30 seconds thrice, with an interval of one second. This is a 30-30-30 second method to reset your device to factory default.
Steps to attain the credentials of your router using 192.168.1.4
If you don’t know the user id and password of your router don’t worry, follow the steps given below.
Method 1: Try to find words like ‘admin’ or ‘username’ on the back of our router.
Method 2: If you cannot find the credentials at the back of your router, try to find the box of your router and you will find the credentials there or look in the user manual, that comes with the device on the time of purchase. Also check 192.168.1.20 ip address.
Method 3:If both of these methods fail, then note down the model of your router, and the brand of your modem, then look it up online, you will find the default and pre-set password and username.
Some important things you need to check before using 192.168.1.4 are:
- Make sure your device is connected to the network.
- Make sure your device has enough battery/charging.
- Make sure your router has a proper service
- Make sure you do not misspell the IP address
- Make sure you enter your credentials with the correct spellings
- Make sure you are using the correct IP address for your router.
Steps to use 192.168.1.4
- Open your web browser and introduce ‘192.168.1.4’ in the URL search bar.
- A prompt window will appear, asking for router credentials, enter them in their respective fields.
- Now the admin settings panel will appear on your screen and you can change or modify your settings.