The Internet has changed the way the world works. The most commonly used way to access the Internet is through Wi-Fi, and the device used to use Wi-Fi is a router or modem which runs on 192.168.1.20 ip address. A router is used to establish a network. Generally, this is a LAN or a local area network. The default router ip address is 192.168.l.254 which is the main one.
A router login is an access point or a gateway between the router and any device connected to the router. This login lets you access the settings panel of your router, which can be used for an array of purposes. It is easy to use the portal and does not require any specialized skill or knowledge.
192.168.1.20 is a common IP address for these router manufacturers Altai, SMC and Ubiquiti The great thing about this portal is that it can be accessed by both ways, wirelessly and by a wired option. You can connect to the portal by using IP addresses such as 192.168.1.20. This IP address is compatible with many kinds of devices like your mobile phones, laptop and even your smart TV. It is fast, establishes a direct and secure connection between the router and the device.
Four ways to attain the credentials of your router are,
- Method 1: You look at the back of your modem/router and look for the words ‘admin’ or ‘username’ or password. The manufacturer generally puts the default credentials on the back of the device so it can be used when the user forgets or loses them.
- Method 2: Find the packaging of the modem and look at the back or in the user manual and you will find the default credentials there.
- Method 3: You can note down the model number and brand of your router and search on the web for the corresponding default credentials.
- Method 4: The last resort is to reset the device, by using the small button located on your router. The reset button is tiny and hence you require a pin to press it. After you reset it you can use any of the above methods to find the default credentials. Also Check 192.168.1.3 ip address.
Some important things you need to check before using 192.168.1.20 are:
- Make sure your device is connected to the network.
- Make sure your device has enough battery/charging.
- Make sure your router has a proper service
- Make sure you do not misspell the IP address
- Make sure you enter your credentials with the correct spellings
- Make sure you are using the correct IP address for your router.
Steps to use 192.168.1.20
Once you have all the required items, follow this simple three-step process to access your router login:
1. Open your web browser and enter ‘192.168.1.20’ in your URL search bar on the top of your window.
2. A prompt window will appear asking for credentials, enter the username and password in your respective fields.
3. You will now see the Admin setting panel on your screen. You can now modify and change the settings. After these steps, you are good to go.